Experiences and Retreats
Cortijo La Presa is the perfect destination for a retreat or event in a spectacular rural mountain setting.
The flexible accommodation means the property is ideal for all kinds of group holidays, whether it’s a retreat, corporate team-building experience or a gathering of friends and family.
We offer a range of catering and party options (see PARTIES AND FOOD) working closely with you to ensure your event is everything you want it to be.
If you are interested in our catering options, please contact us BEFORE YOU BOOK for further information and to discuss your requirements.
Cortijo On-site Experiences
- Yoga, pilates, writing, painting, meditation, religious and other retreats
- Family Farm Experience - meet our horses and chickens and learn about our olive production and the history of our farm
- Language courses
- Specialist food weeks, e.g., andalucian, vegan, vegetarian, etc
- Weekly BBQ night – fixed charge per person
- Supervised swimming pool splash session for children – free
- Swimming lessons for beginner children and adults – hourly charge
- Children’s birthday parties, with bouncy castle and pool session – local residents
On request, these activities will include language development elements for English or Spanish learners as appropriate.
Some of the above are seasonal.
Group Leaders - enquiries welcome
The Cortijo is located in the Subbeticas Parque Natural. Trails lead directly from within the Cortijo and offer everything from a gentle stroll along the river to a thrilling high-speed mountain bike descent.
The hiking trail to La Tiñosa mountain starts on our doorstep! Permit required.
- Ideal for hikers and cyclists! - Mountain Bike Rental from the Cortijo.
- Hiking and Biking Trails
- Watersports at nearby Lake Iznájar.
- Lake tours - we can arrange this for you
- Horseriding by Lake Iznájar - we can arrange this for you!
- Olive oil tasting - We can arrange this for you!
- Birdwatching - griffon vultures, peregrine falcons, Bonelli's eagle or eagle owl (Bubo bubo), amongst others
- Rock climbing, bouldering, abseiling
- Local historical sites
- The attractive towns of Iznájar, Rute and Priego de Córdoba, with castles and museums. Rute has museums of Chocalate, Ham, Sugar, Anis and Nougat!
Triathletes—do your training here!